Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tragedy

I am sitting here, tears streaming down my face thinking about how unfair life can be. One of my dear friends Lisa, lost her sweet baby boy this evening, she was 38 Weeks Pregnant. She is being induced and the hope is that she can deliver him naturally so that she can go home, rather than stay in the hospital for 3-4 days after a C-Section. Her first born, Owen is about the same age as Avery, so we bonded during her first pregnancy and have been friends ever since, you might remember me blogging about her thoughtfulness last Christmas Eve when she sent me a Weight Watchers Cookbook, all the way from Seattle.


I am so angry and sad for her, I can't even imagine the emotions running through her body, I so badly wish I lived closer and could do something nice for her, take care of Owen and give her some time to herself to grieve. This has been such a tough year for loss...I am even having a hard time organizing my prayers, what to pray for first...strength, peace, energy, clarity, etc. I just wish I knew the words...scratch that, I wish there were words to help her through this, but I can't imagine that any would bring much comfort right now.

Tragic, this news is just simply tragic. I just want to get on a plane and hold her hand. Please send your prayers up to Lisa, Dan and Big Brother Owen...as they mourn the loss of Sweet Elliott.

No comments: