Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 8: Silver Lining


It is days like today that I find myself focused on the silver lining, and without that focus I would be drowning myself in a bottle of Williamsburg Wineries finest...oh wait, even with the silver lining I find myself enjoying a glass or two of the always delicious Governor's White. Day 8: I am thankful for Williamsburg Winery and the fact that Costco sells Governor's White for $4.88 a bottle. Amen.

It was a day...a day from you know where.  A day that started at 4:55am thanks to our 20 month old alarm clock. A day that caused Olivia to wake up on the wrong side of the bed. A day that caused Avery to fall down the stairs (she is okay, despite the tumble). A day that caused Avery to fall out of the morning room table chair and hurt her arm (she seems fine now). A day that had me in meetings from 8:45am until 6:00pm, an hour after I should have been on the road home to my family. A day that caused me to add about 11 things to my "To-Do" list but cross nothing off. It was just one of those days. Oh wait, I almost forgot that Brad went out to the garage freezer only to find that the door was open and the chicken had started to thaw...the chicken that we just bought on Saturday.

But today, despite all of the above, I am blessed. I am grateful that Avery wasn't hurt despite her tumbles, I am thankful that my darling husband was able to pick up the girls and that he had dinner ready for me when I got home. I am thankful that he is cleaning up the kitchen as I speak and dealing with the chicken debacle. When I look at the silver lining it still shines...and that is what matters at the end of the day.

No comments: