Thursday, November 11, 2010

11-11

Happy Veteran's Day to all those men and women who have dedicated their lives to serving our country, and let us not forget about their families that support them.

Day 11: I am thankful for our freedom and then men and woman who fight to keep us free everyday.

It has been a tough week for me. I haven't been the best Leigh I can.  I haven't been the best mother I can be, and I haven't been the best wife I can be.  I am struggling.  I haven't been as patient as I should be.  It's ironic, I have been giving thanks all month, yet I haven't been acting all that grateful for the wonderful husband that I have, who loves me despite all my flaws. I haven't been the person I want to be, or the person my girls and husband deserve me to be. Avery has fallen a few times this week and my heart stops beating, as soon as Avery gets hurt I snap at Olivia and it isn't her fault, I just react out of pure emotion. Today Avery fell at school and came home with a very fat lip, and tonight she bounced out of the club chair and landed on her head, my heart is still beating out of my chest and that happened over an hour ago. Two accident reports from school and if I counted how many times she got hurt at home, we would be approaching the double digits on accident reports, that makes for a rough week.Do you ever feel like you are just going to crack? That you need a solid 24 hours of either sleep or solitude? Oh yeah, and TMI WARNING: I have my period...think that might have something to do with how I am feeling - HA.

I talked to a good friend today and for the 38 minutes we were chatting it felt so good to not stress about my life. I miss hearing about my friend's lives and feeling like I am a part of their lives. I can't seem to find the time to catch up with my friends on the phone, anyone else facing that same challenge? By the time the girls go to bed at night, I have "chores" to do, and then I usually hit the hay.

PS: I am watching Glee and Will just kissed that Football Coach Lady...yikes.

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

total yikes on the Glee kiss...haha!