Monday, November 22, 2010

O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree

Let the Holiday Season begin...

We are earlier this year than ever before...
With two little ones around...
The Christmas Spirit is contagious...
You can't help but get excited and dig in





I can only hope their excitement continues and the little things about the Holidays remain front and center, not all the commercial hoop-la about toys, etc.
I want to keep this memory in my memory bank for years to come

How can you not be thankful for that view from the hallway looking in... 

Day 22: I am thankful for the small joys we experience everyday, and the feelings we get when we look back into our childhood memory bank the second we pick up one of our favorite ornaments, and wonder if our daughters are going to have the same nostalgic feeling when they are decorating their Christmas Tree 30 years from now. For me its my 1980 Mickey Mouse Christmas Ornament, I remember putting it on our Christmas Tree every year growing up and I still have my 1979 Baby's First Christmas Ball...every year my Mom would take me to Yetter's to pick out a new ornament, I think its about time we restored that Family Tradition, maybe I can convince through lots of arm twisting, my Mom to come along for the ride when she gets here next weekend.

And so in the spirit of the Holidays, I am going to jump the gun and change over my blog background to be a little bit merrier...

2 comments:

3guysandagirl said...

Great memories for sure. Looks like so much fun.

FYI: If you cook the spaghetti noodles about 5 minutes less than you would normally on the stove and add them to meatballs and sauce in the crock pot, they're to die for. I slow cook for about 6 hours and it tastes so good, and its super easy.

oneof4dms said...

Nice...I'm right behind in you with the decorating. I think we'll get the tree this weekend, but the outside is done and most of the inside. yay!