Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wordy Wednesday: Blah


Linus van Pelt: What are you going to do on Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown?

Charlie Brown: My mother and Dad, and Sally and I are all going to my grandmother's for dinner.

Sally Brown: Why don't you come along, Linus? We can hold hands under the table.

Linus van Pelt: Blah.

Charlie Brown humor cracks me up, so in the spirit of Thanksgiving and my pal Charlie Brown I thought I would share a quote from the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Special. Growing up Thanksgiving was never a huge deal, we didn't have big plans as a family and didn't have any Thanksgiving traditions, but since Brad and I have been together we have celebrated Thanksgiving with his family and every year after eating we all sit around and go through the Black Friday Ads and talk about what the kiddos are going to get from Santa.  I imagine one day in the future we will be hosting Thanksgiving at our house and part of me is excited for that day and the other part of me is sad, I like traditions and I am not always a fan of traditions changing...but that is how the cookie crumbles. I am looking forward to sharing my favorite Thanksgiving Recipes with ya'll on Friday.

No comments: