Monday, November 21, 2011

Menu Monday: Bubble Garlic Loaf


I love me some Garlic Bread, I could eat my weight in Garlic Bread, I can't stop myself, I just eat and eat and eat it, and this loaf actually just enables that behavior because I just pick another bubble off and down the hatch it goes, its just THAT good.

Ingredients:
1 frozen loaf of white bread (you can buy it in packages of 3-4 loaves, just take 1 out to thaw)
1/2 stick of margarine - melted
1 Tablespoon Parsley Flakes
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt


Directions:

1) Thaw the dough, but not to the point where its sticky and super soft, you want it to still have its shape so its easy to cut up. 
1a) Grease loaf pan or if you are doing a double batch the bundt pan works wonderfully.

2) Melt butter in microwave - add dry ingredients and mix together in same bowl

3) Cut up dough into 1 inch pieces and dunk in the butter mixture and layer in pan

4) Cover pan with towel and let rise for 1 hour
4a) Pre-Heat Oven to 350

5) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (I had to bake longer than that, but I made a double batch)


I had to steal this photo from allrecipes.com since I forgot to snap a shot of the finished product, but I have to say, I think my finished product was better looking than this one.

No comments: