Friday, November 4, 2011

Five on Friday: Children's Books

I love Children's Books, I love to buy them, give them as gifts, collect them, hoard them, etc.  I still fondly remember my favorites as a child and I have new favorites now that I am a Mom to two girls, and I suspect I would have a different list if I was a Mom to a little boy.  But here you have it, my 5 favorite children's books...

1) GOODNIGHT MOON by Margaret Wise Brown - this one is an oldie but goodie. I loved it as a child and I loved reading it to my children. In fact it was the first book I bought when I found out I was pregnant with Olivia.

 2) Someday by Alison Mcghee & Peter Reynolds - if you have a little girl I double dare you to try and get through this one without choking up. Every single time I read it, I tear up, it pulls at my heart strings...I just love it, a very sweet book.


3) LOVE YOU FOREVER by Robert Munsch and Sheila McGraw - this one is just plain sweet and is one that as a new parent really hits home. There are moments in time when you can't imagine your child growing up and not needing you, there are moments in time when you just wish the time away, but as they get older (I am so wise, aren't I? Shoot, I do have a 4 year old, I am so experienced - HA!)


4) Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor - I happen to find the Fancy Nancy books to be HILARIOUS, I am ashamed to admit it, but when the girls start talking while I am reading I get slightly annoyed because I can't wait to see what happens. And when they get distracted and want to stop reading I just keep reading for my own enjoyment.



5) Olivia by Ian Falconer - of course, how could I resist? I have a sweet child named Olivia, of course I love this book. I actually find the Olivia series to be quite amusing, but worry that my children are picking up bratty behaviors since Olivia isn't the most well mannered child on the planet...


This one was hard, I have so many favorites, and I love reading books to the girls.  I love bringing out the holiday specific books. We started with the Thanksgiving books last night and just put the Halloween books away, and I can't wait to bring the Christmas books out - we have a TON of those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also LOVE children's book. I am on my way to becoming a teacher and my collection of picture books is just getting started, but it is my biggest obsession these days! I love those choices.. I love Fancy Nancy and Olivia!!