Monday, August 23, 2010

Opinions Please

So I am looking for something to compliment our "Wedding Guest Book" Frame, right now its hanging on one of the walls on our stair-landing, that is going up to the second floor. The other wall is the same size, plenty of room for something adorable like this:


or like this:



But of course, it would be a T...and it wouldn't be on an orange wall, it would be on a Putty colored wall, and the frame is black, its the huge Pottery Barn Frame, so I am guessing we would use black vinyl.

What do ya'll think? And if I don't use the scattered, random "T"s on the landing, I am darn-well going to find a spot for it, because I just LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV it. Where would I start to look for the "T"s? I already have a few random T's around the house, but I like them where they are, and wouldn't want to steal from Peter to pay Paul, if you catch my drift.

And I should mention that I ended my search for Black Leather Bar Stools...why did I end it you ask? Well, because I scored a FABULOUS deal on Amazon.com and badda-bing-badda-boom, the stools are set up and ready to be sat on, however, I am not in love with the way they look, or rather, where they are stationed, we need to do some re-arranging so that I can move the stools to the other part of the bar, so they aren't crowding the "kitchen" table, so once I figure it out, I will be sure to share...and I am also looking for some nautical wall art for the Morning Room, so I might wait and just show you the finished product. Stay tuned.

One more thing, I just can't NOT share this for all those Richmond readers out there. While I generally don't encourage bad reviews, I like to let people form their own opinions...BUT I just have to get this out there. We found a new kennel, called Broughtons Kennel to board Riley at that was half the daily rate of Four Paws, which was our go-to kennel of choice. We gave them two shots to impress us and show us the love, but no such luck. The first time Brad dropped Riley off, he just came back saying "I didn't get the warm and fuzzies" and then this last time they forgot to feed him one of his meals AND he was very broken out on his stomach, like as in, basically bleeding, had scrapes on his front legs, and Brad had to ask what had happened, they didn't even comment about it, and didn't seem concerned at all. Same goes for Grover, Riley's BFF who was boarded with him last week...so needless to say, Riley won't be going back to Broughtons Kennels, he will be returning to Four Paws, I even get the warm and fuzzies when I make reservations for Riley with Four Paws, they love him there.

And last thing, I promise...I really like the show Rizzoli and Isles, staring Angie Harmon, BUT I hate that there is no romance going on, I really thought that Donny Wahlberg was going to be the perfect match for Rizzoli, but no such luck, he was only on the show for an episode...BUMMER. I just can't stay interested in shows like this WITHOUT a love story to hook me...and reel me in.

2 comments:

Megs said...

I can't remember if you guys have a hobby lobby or not - but they have letters in all types of sizes and materials. Good luck.

Jeni said...

I like the wood "t"s. I second the craft store suggestion for the letters. There are a bunch of online options too.
http://www.craftcuts.com/wood-letters.html
Etsy has some great, cheap options too: http://www.thecompanystore.com/Hanging-Letters/74005A,default,pd.html?dwvar_74005A_color=BLUE&start=9&cgid=ck-bedroom-accessories-decor-art-letters
http://www.etsy.com/listing/48692781/wooden-letter-nursery-decor-letter-s-in