Sunday, August 1, 2010

Appreciate Your Marriage Month

(These are the flowers Brad sent me on our Wedding Day - it really is the small things that count)

I just decided, I am going to make August "Appreciate Your Marriage" month. August is the month in which Brad and I had our first date and also the month in which we were engaged, so its a special month for us. We are coming up on 8 years together this August 23rd - can you believe it?


(This was one of my wedding presents from Brad - my very first LGT Monogram, he knows the way to my heart is through a monogram, smart man)


(Husband and Wife, May 29th, 2005)


(A tad more formal, but still Husband & Wife)


(Happily Ever After)

I am the first to admit that I don't cherish my husband the way I should. I let life get in the way, I let our children get in the way, I snap at him, I take things out on him that shouldn't be taken out on him. I need to be a better wife, no if's and's or but's about it. So I am going to use the month of August to Appreciate My Marriage and hopefully it will just continue for months and years to come.

I am also going to start reading "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman, (Currently $5.99 at Amazon.com, "can't beat that with a stick" as my father would say) I figured it can't hurt and heck, we could all use a little self-help these days, don't cha think? Who couldn't stand to be a better person, I mean really...don't judge, I love self-help books, I just can't help it. That section in Barnes & Noble just sucks me in.


I am looking forward to showing Brad how much I appreciate him as a husband and as a Father. I am going to bite my tongue when he dresses the girls in mis-matched outfits, I am going to throw caution to the wind and stay up late to spend more time with him and hold onto your seats...I am going to wear something OTHER than a t-shirt and shorts to bed to show him how much I appreciate him. It really is the little things that count.

No comments: