Sunday, April 24, 2011

Great Friday

Brad had Good Friday off so I thought it would be a great day to take off and spend some time together....cleaning and organizing the newly created downstairs home office.  The room has been finished since January, but we haven't spent a lick of time in here putting it together or cleaning it out and even after spending several hours on Friday cleaning it out, it still isn't "finished", I have some decorating to do, but I am far from complaining about that, that is my favorite part.

Friday Morning I had a facial and a massage at Salon del Sol. The facial was very relaxing, but the massage felt like physical therapy, he worked my neck to death, and while I can take some responsibility for calling out that my neck is a trouble area, I didn't mean I ONLY wanted him to work on my neck...serves me right, I am going to keep my mouth shut next time and let them do their thing. Brad rode downtown for a few hours and when we were both finished we had lunch together at La Milpa, an authentic Mexican market/restaurant that has gotten great reviews in Richmond Magazine..honestly, not sure who wrote those reviews...but we won't be going back...unless its a quick stop to pick up a glass bottle of SQUIRT (love me some Squirt)


I wish I had taken some shots of the Home Office in a "before" state, but the thought escaped me until it was too late. But here it is, in its "after" glory.

The view from the French Doors

Notice Riley's Doggie Condo on the left...it takes up 1/4 of the room

Other side of the room

Look how clean/empty everything is...time to DECORATE!

I believe we have decided that we are going to work in Navy and Lime as accent colors and keep the walls the putty color that they are today.  I am debating between Lime and Chartreuse, we'll see where we land, but one of the first projects is going to be hanging a drum lamp shade above the computer area to add some light to the room, I can't wait to see how it turns out! Wish us luck!

No comments: