Sunday, April 3, 2011

Leotards & Leggings

This little cutie LOVES gymnastics

Can't you tell?




She was so proud of herself, she had to come and tell me all about her new tricks

It is very refreshing as a parent to watch other people teach your children something that you just weren't put on this Earth to teach them.  Gymnastics is a great example, the instructors are great with the kids, they know just how to phrase their directions so that the little ones follow along and for that I am grateful, that is where I struggle, a lot of times I don't feel like I speak three and a half year old all that proficiently.


This is from two weeks ago, I was impressed with how well she did...


I have said it before, but I will say it again and again.  Watching your children conquer something new is an amazing feeling.  It is so hard to describe, but without feeling super duper cheesy, it really does warm your heart. I want so badly for my children to be good little learners, good little students, and to me that doesn't mean that they ace all of their tests, it means that they take in their experiences and really learn from them, that they don't make the same mistakes over and over again, and that they walk through life with their eyes wide open, observing and soaking it all in. It also means that they know when to seek advice from someone who knows better, and it very much means that they know when to ask for help, that is a big one, and one I am very much still learning at 32 years old.

Olivia's teacher calls her "a little sponge" and I love it. She gets so excited when a new theme or topic is introduced at school.  She tells us about it at home and when she stumbles upon it in her life she is quick to share it with us. I pray she keeps that passion as she grows and her priorities evolve.

No comments: