Friday, July 13, 2012

Five on Friday: Summer List

I don't have a huge comprehensive list of things I want to do this summer, crafts I want to do with the girls, or experiences we would like to have, but I thought it would be fun to make a list of the Top Five things we hope to do this summer, some of which are scheduled already and others will take some planning and organization.

1) Trip to Wrightsville Beach & Wilmington, NC - we look forward to our visit with Greg & Angie every year and we are thankful that we have been able to go two years in a row, we had a dry spell for a few years and our summers just weren't the same. We enjoy getting to spend time with friends and their little darlings, who are close in age to Olivia & Avery, and of course we just love the Wilmington Area.  I hope to peruse some of the consignment shops in the area, get a dog at Trolley Stop, catch some rays and eat some seafood...

2) Drive-In - there is a drive-in located in Goochland County and I absolutely love the drive-in, and we are hoping that we can take the girls this year.  A drive-in movie experience just reminds me of home, we have one in my hometown and I always loved going...but I often remember falling asleep.

3) Make Ice Cream - this one isn't a big fancy one, but the girls love it and I do too.  This one should be simple and easy, hopefully we can do it more than once.

4) Get Library Cards and Visit the Library - I downloaded the list of recommended books for Kindergarten - First Graders and I am committed to exposing Olivia to several of the books on the list, but being that they sound a bit dull to me (I am a Fancy Nancy girl) I don't want to invest in actually purchasing them, we are going to check them out at our local library. I wish I had time during the week to take the girls to the library, but this will have to be reserved for the weekends

5) Go Camping - this one could take on a few different look and feels...if the evenings temps come down a bit, we might be able to camp outside (in the backyard), but if the temps stay in the 80's it might mean that we have to camp in the living room, but we could still put the tent up and make an adventure out of it. We could grill hot dogs, cook beans on the grill, make smores...all while being able to use the bathroom inside - GLORIOUS.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Ah, the drive-in. No experience will ever beat out the night with Sibille in the SS Worden when the door wouldn't open. Did we also spend quality time listening to the Steve Miller Band on tape? I think we did..

Our summer is already turning into a summer of checking things off the list. I don't know how it happened; I surely didn't plan anything exciting, but so far we're having lots of fun and looking forward to more!