Monday, July 2, 2012

Back at it...

So I am finally feeling more motivated to get organized and kick off some house projects, I am back on the Pinterest wagon and have found several ideas and recipes I want to try this summer.  I have always wanted to make a list of fun things to do with the girls during the summer, but when I read through them I often find that it would be daunting to accomplish them all given I work 50+ hours a week and they are at "Summer Camp" all day, I can imagine the lists would be super helpful if I was staying home with them, so I need to find a way to modify the list and still experience some fun stuff with the beauties during the summer. I forsee a post in the future about a few projects I am hoping to check off the list.

My new Erin Condren life planner has printed and I am just waiting for it to ship, that will get my unorganized behind in gear, I can't wait to transfer everything into it and start fresh.

Its too bad that its 100 degress outside, because I have a few projects I would love to kick off, but the thought of spray painting in this heat just makes me ill. I am hoping that I can knock out a few other small things around here until the heat gives us a break and then maybe I can start on one of the Rast Dressers I have been dying to paint...and I can't wait to try and overlay to spice it up a bit. I hope they turn out well.  I am also on the hunt for some fabric for our dining room, I want to recover the chairs and change up the curtains, that feels like an inside project, right?

I am in party planning mode, Olivia's Jake and the Neverland Pirates party is just around the corner and I need to get everything ready...if only people would RSVP - good grief. When did it become proper etiquette to NOT RSVP? Drives me batty. I know that people have another 2 weeks to RSVP, but if you know you can or cannot make it already, why not tell me?

And Olivia starts school in 2 months, so that means getting her ready for Back to School...and that means shopping for school supplies, and right now I am on the hunt for a cute, fashionable, functional backpack for her, and I am getting mixed reviews. I am going to dedicate an entire post to this topic...I love school supply shopping.

And...don't forget the 15 year High School Class reunion...I need to get those invites out in the next week or so.

Last but not least, I need to find time to see Magic Mike...officially adding that to my to-do list.

No comments: