Friday, July 27, 2012

Cavity Free at 3 & 5

I braved a trip to the Pediatric Dentist with the girls all by my lonesome yesterday and it was probably one of my proudest parenting moments, I puffed my chest out and proudly said "yes, ladies and gentleman, those are my beauties" I couldn't have been more proud of the way they behaved, how brave they were, and of course the rave review by Dr. Wood was just the icing on the cake.


Its odd, Avery loathes brushing her teeth, sometimes it requires a headlock and it always requires me to make up a song, with her choosing the topic/theme (When she said she wanted a Barbie song, I clearly had to rock out "I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world....") - yet she scored the A+ Brusher award and poor Olivia who brushes her teeth without me asking and before she even comes in our room in the morning could use a bit of work, I guess that just goes to show you that I really should still be brushing Olivia's teeth, he reminded me that kids often don't have the coordination to hit all the teeth until they are closer to 8 years old...(I died a little bit inside thinking about 5 more years of putting Avery in a headlock).  Avery was an angel though - always has been at the Dentist actually, its one of those things that just makes you go "hmmmm" - nothing is easy with Avery, so I figured the Dentist would be a battle, quite the opposite, she just sits there with her mouth open and keeps her beautiful browns focused on whoever is working in her mouth. 


Olivia - who is the everyday angel has had a tough time at the dentist since her traumatic fall when she was two, but holy smokes she was a champ, it almost brought tears to my eyes.

You can see the discoloration from her caps & root canal - poor thing.

Digression Moment - the other night when Olivia told me she had a loose tooth, which went a little something like this: "Mommy, ya wanna know what? I have a loose tooth. And ya wanna know why? Because I am five....DUH" - she cracks me up, but later that night when I was putting her to bed and she said "I am getting big" - I got all teary, and tears welled up in my eyes and she looked at me and said "Why are you crying" and I said "I just want to keep you little forever and forever" and she then started crying...she really is my daughter.


Another two funny Olivia stories from this week, she has been full of funny moments this week:

Driving to Sweet Frog last night after Swimming Lessons (Sweet Frog was a reward for an excellent dentist visit) she says "There is a jammit" and Brad and I both thought that she said "damn it" so we asked her what she meant, and she said "a jammit is when there is a lot of craziness" we still had no idea what she was talking about, but then she said "but a damn it is when two cars crash and one of them flips over" - with that we both busted into a fit of laughter, that clearly would be a damn it moment.

Driving to Swimming the other night - she says "I think I need to toot....oh wait, maybe I need to burp...I wish my body would just make up its mind - jeesh" and then Avery said "well you better say "excuse me".  The beauties....need to teach them some lady skills - us ladies, we don't talk about our toots or burps, in fact we don't toot or burp - ha!

No comments: