Thursday, July 12, 2012

Book Report: Fifty Shades...


I wasn't sure how I felt about all the hype, I wasn't sure I was going to give into the craziness surrounding the Fifty Shades Trilogy and actually commit to reading them, but I have to say, I am thankful that I did, I absolutely loved all three books. 

Are they well written? Not particularly, but I don't care so much, they entertained me.  Do I love all the kinky stuff? Not one little bit, but I did fall in love with Christian Grey, I rooted for Ana & Christian the whole way through and I fell in love with the love story, not all the crazy "inner goddess" garbage.  I so badly wanted Ana to be the one to change Christian and to win him over, and bring out the normal side of him, but a troubled, young, very good looking, powerful CEO has a lot of magnetic qualities as well. I read all three books (1,246 pages on my Nook) in 3 days, I was reading until 2-3am every single morning, I couldn't put them down.

I am now thinking about who should be cast as Christian and Ana when the movie is made.  Universal already bought the rights and there is a Facebook Page talking all about the movie, some of the fan suggestions are a bit crazy in my opinion, I can't see a blond planning Ana, she clearly had brown hair because of the obsession with his mother and her being a brunette, not to mention he employed attractive blonds, yet people are suggesting blonde's left and right, and ones that couldn't pull off the brown dye job.

Bradley Cooper might be able to pull off Christian, he needs floppy copper hair, and Bradley could do that, picture the character he played in Valentine's Day. 


But there are a few other guys out there that could likely pull it off, while I adore Channing Tatum, he is just not Christian Grey, and several fans were all about him taking the lead role - no way Jose. I have no idea who should play Ana, I had a difficult time picturing her.  I know that a lot of people found these books to be a bit too much, and went on and on about the horrible writing style, but I was able to get past that and enjoy the entertainment value of the books, and I am glad I did.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I'm totally intrigued. The reviews are so extreme; people either love them or hate them. Eventually I'm going to have to see for myself.