Sunday, July 15, 2012

Book Report: Bared To You


My super gal pal Dana recommended this book to me after I so kindly recommended Fifty Shades to her.  She found this in the hopes that when she finished the 3rd Fifty Shades book she wouldn't have to fall into a deep depression with nothing fun and entertaining to read, and boy, I am glad she found it and even more thankful that she shared her find with me.  It was a good one.  Very, very similar to Fifty Shades, but better written, the characters are more developed, and it isn't quite so kinky. There is still a high-powered, young, amazing looking CEO, but the female lead isn't the girl next door the way Ana was in Fifty Shades.  Eva comes from an affluent family and has some secrets in her closet, and of course as does Gideon Cross, the male lead.

From what I can tell from the authors website there will be two more books, but unlike in Fifty Shades the ending didn't really leave me hanging, of course I want to know what happens to Eva and Gideon, BUT there wasn't a cliffhanger at the end that is keeping me up at night wishing that the second book was already out.  However, I should mention that I started reading this book last night at 11pm and finished at 4:45am - who does that? Apparently this girl does!!! And god bless my husband who got up with the beauties and let me sleep in a bit!!! He's a keeper!

This one isn't going to make you feel smarter, it isn't going to change your life, but if you are looking for a beach read, or a middle of the night read, it is very entertaining and I am just a huge sucker for a good love story.

No comments: