Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Impending Arrival

On our way to Bassett last night we talked a bit about the impending arrival our Elf.  I was telling the girls that some of my friends at work already have elves living in their houses, that Santa has started to deploy the elves and I am wondering when we are going to be assigned our Elf.  The girls are excited and can't wait to find out if we are getting the same Elf as last year (Cameron) or whether Cameron has graduated to a "3 Kid Family" and that we will get a new Elf that was recently promoted from an "Only Child Family".  Somehow I came up with the idea that we might be getting a new Elf assigned to us this year, mostly because I had my friend Kristen snag us a skirt last year and I am dying to try it out this year, which means our Elf is going to be a girl...

So we brainstormed names IF Santa sends us a new Elf...And this is what we came up with:

Boy:
Tommy
Sammy
Slippy
Slimey
Sloppy
.....you get the picture

Girl:
Sarah
Kaitlyn
Jessica
Shea Shea
Violet
Anabelle
(insert the rest of the girls in Avery's class here)
Emma
Candy
And Brad's and I's favorite...LUCY.  We are hoping we land on Lucy...keep your fingers crossed for us! We should know on Friday Morning, because I have a feeling Santa is going to deploy our newly assigned Elf on Thursday Night!

Side Note: I am impressed and annoyed (all at the same time) at the Mom's that go gang busters every single night with the Elf, the ones that have the Elf positioned in Powered Sugar making Snow Angels deserve a medal (super cute), but holy smokes, what a mess.  The Elf alone stresses me out - having to remember to move it every single night - goodness me! I wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night wondering if I have moved said Elf and I go flying down the stairs, find the Elf a new perch and drag myself back to bed...the ideas are adorable and inspiring, but holy smokes, talk about making this Mom feel inadequate.

No comments: