Sunday, November 18, 2012

Lazy Sunday & Oriental Trading

While Brad is taking a concealed weapons class (don't ask!) the beauties and I are being lazy beauties, lounging in our jammies, watching Christmas Movies, playing dolls and waiting until the clock strikes 11:30am so we can break into the yummie cookies we have leftover from Brad's Birthday Bash last night.

So far we've watched Santa Paws (thanks Amy & Ellie) and now "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is on.  I am shopping online, picking up a few goodies for the beauties, doing some shopping for those in need (not the beauties, silly, for those that are really in need) and making lists. To-Do lists, to Pack lists, to Cook lists, to Buy lists, to Wrap lists...you know, all the normal "to" lists.

I have a list making problem, I just can't stop.  I even write things on the list that I've already done, JUST so I can cross it off - problem? Yes? I agree!

The girls are working on some sticker scene Christmas crafts and I have to admit, I can't wait for the Oriental Trading box to arrive, a whole new batch of Christmas Crafts to entertain the beauties for hours on end makes me happy! The quantities at Oriental Trading can be a little overwhelming, but the girls have really enjoyed all the crafts we bought last year and we are almost out of some of them, and with extras, it gives me the ability to bring out the Christmas Crafts in July to spice things up a bit.  If your kiddos love crafts, I highly recommend Oriental Trading around the holidays. Some of the crafts are perfect to use as gift toppers too - a homemade touch from the beauties, classy eh? I wish I could share some of my favorites in images, but I can't seem to make it work, so I will just list them out:

Mouse Candy Cane Craft - $9.25 for 24 kits

Candy Striped Paper Chains - $4.99 for 500 pieces - well worth it!

Jumbo Foam Wreath - $6.00 for 24

Christmas Bag of Buttons - $6.50 for 800 pieces - this is perfect for several different crafts and have come in handy numerous times during school art projects.

Christmas Pom-Poms - $2.25 for 50 Pieces - again, perfect for holiday crafts and school projects.

And I ordered a few sticker scenes as well - the girls love those, and they are perfect for rainy days. Check it out, they are running a great sale right now with free shipping!!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

We love the paper chains!! Do you put it on your tree or hang it up in the house somewhere?