Friday, February 5, 2010

Too Grown Up?

So I have mentioned before that Olivia is getting ready to move into a Toddler/Big Girl Bed, the debate is still on as to whether we go to the Toddler Bed or whether we just go straight to a Full Size bed. I am thinking we will go Toddler because I don't feel like buying a new Full Size mattress right now, so that buys me some time in the "Find her Big Girl Bedding" department, but I am always on the look out for something that catches my eye.

You know I am not a huge fan of theme's, so a lot of the Pottery Barn Kids stuff is a bit too "theme-y" for me, so I have been looking at PBTeen instead, and while I have found a few options, the sale options just aren't doing it for me and being that the girls will likely end up sharing a room down the road, I don't want to break the bank on their individual bedding ensembles, since I would like to go nuts when they move in together.

So here is my question...is this bedding too grown up for Olivia? It's a pink madras print duvet cover...my gut tells me yes, but I absolutely LOVE it!!!

3 comments:

The B's said...

No way... I say go for it! I was there looking the other day and did the same thing... headed to pbteen because I thought some of the other were too "baby-ish". Happy shopping

Nivette said...

I like it :) As much as we planners do, they probably don't even care, you know? Anyways, whatever they get they will make theirs in no time. Once they know it belongs to them, they love it, at least in Ellerie's case :)

Jones Family said...

Love it! Not too grown up at all. Most of the gals down here make their girl's rooms look more like this - from the beginning. They just add monogrammed pillows and maybe one cutesy pillow to make it "little".
go for it! i don't think you'll be sorry.