Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hey Snots and Snow - Beat It!!!


My sweet Avery isn't feeling so hot, and add that to Olivia wheezing her little face off, I am just as over the snots as I am the snow. Avery just woke up after having been asleep for only 30 minutes and screamed her face off for a solid 40 minutes, holding her didn't comfort her, putting her down made it worse, and her screams were "I am in pain" screams so I am thinking that means we are due for a visit to dear old Chippenham Pediatrics tomorrow because the ears are likely infected. The poor little darling has been on her fair share of meds in her short 12 months of life...but if all we are battling is ear infections, I can take it.

I listen to FM 95.3, K95, in the bathroom in the morning, and they host/put on an annual telethon for St. Jude's Hospital and let me just tell you, when I got to work this morning it looked like I had been sucker punched in both eyes, or quite possibly had cried myself to sleep last night and only got an hour of sleep, I was a wreck, I had mascara all over the place. The stories the parents share make me sob, some are happy tears, and others are sad, angry tears. Bottom Line = little ones shouldn't get sick, it just isn't fair. I wanted to call in right then and there and donate my life's savings...I mean clearly I didn't, because I have to pay out the wazoo for the girls school, but you know what I mean, and I can give a little something to a great cause.

Brad signed us, me up to make Jello for Olivia's class, in celebration of Valentine's Day...I mean really Brad? Jello, as in Jello Jigglers, last time I checked you couldn't buy those at the store. He couldn't sign us up for cute frosted cookies sold at Wal-Mart? Nope, he signed us me up for Jello Jigglers, and I have to make them on a night when he is out of town, FIGURES.

Brad and I are hoping to hit the movies tomorrow night in anticipation of my trip and of course as a little early Valentine's Day celebration, now what should we see? I am debating between Dear John and Valentine's Day.  I am wow'ed by the cast of Valentine's Day...I think it might actually top He's Just Not That Into You with all the star power. Our weekend is jam packed, and I need to find time to pack and pick up several things for my trip.

1 comment:

Nivette said...

What did y'all end up seeing? We saw Valentine's Day tonight and thought it was pretty cute overall :)