Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Duper Food...I mean Bowl

If the Pats aren't playing, all I seem to care about is just how many calories I can consume while watching the Super Bowl, chatting with my girlfriends and commenting on the commercials. Now if the Pats happen to be playing, then its a different story, I dress up to the "nines" in my Pats Gear and yell "GOOOOOOOOOO Tooooooommmmmmm Braddddddyyyy" with every snap of the football.

So my pity blog post yesterday scored is an invite to the Harris's for some good eats, and great friends...oh yeah, and the game. We've had a super busy day though and the girls aren't in the best of moods, so not sure just how long we will be able to hang, but you bet your bottom dollar we are going to give it the ol' college try.

My alarm clock...Avery woke me up at 5:13am, I mean really Avery? 5:13am? I was less than thrilled, but snatched up my little darling and we made our way downstairs for a morning filled with Mommy and Baby cuddle time, I wouldn't have traded it for an extra hour of sleep...the world. Olivia joined us around 7am and then Brad finally graced us with his presence around 8:30am, just as Avery was heading down for her morning nap. As soon as she arose, we all piled into the Yukon and trudged across Richmond to the Kids Layne Sale. It was so-so, the selection was by far the best I have seen, but the sizes didn't work out so well for our little girlies, a lot of stuff for Olivia, but almost nothing for Avery, so the whole matchy-matchy plan went right down the tubes. I ended up getting an outfit for Olivia to wear at Avery's Birthday party, a cute hot pink dress with embroided turtles all over it and a cute Ralph Lauren Sun Hat for Olivia.

We enjoyed lunch at Noodles and Co and then rushed home so Avery could head off to dreamland. I ran to Costco with my Dad and then came home to a wide-awake Avery ready to join me at Maya's First Birthday Party. So off we went, and let me tell you, Maya's Mom, my friend/neighbor Samantha went ALL out. The decorations were fabulous, but the cake and the cookies were something to write home about, I am talking sell and make money good. She has some serious talent, I already warned all of our mutal friends to lower their expectations for Avery's party, they wouldn't be seeing anything even close to the spread we witnessed today.

So now we are waiting for our little almost one year old to wake up from her nap and then we will head over to Harris's for an hour or so...Happy Super Bowl Ya'll...for the record while I am a Peyton Manning fan, my vote is for the Saints tonight, while Brad is rooting for the good ole' Colts.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

awwww shuckers...thx for those kind words :) As you could tell I had a blast getting everything ready :) So glad you and Miss A were able to make it.

...& whoot whoot I made it on to the Turner's blog :)