Sunday, February 14, 2010

St. Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day!!

(Lay one on me Dada)
I happen to actually like this holiday, I mean, don't get me wrong, I am not madly in love with it, wanna marry it, type like. I just like it. I like taking the time to show the guy I share my life with just how much he means to me, I like being able to do something special for the girls, and I like pink and red, I think that really helps the holiday out, its got a great color scheme.

So this morning Brad slept in, the girls and I got up, played for a few hours and then he joined us. By that time I had already started on Avery's Birthday Favors..here is a sneak peak.

(Mommy's big helper - FYI, that Crayola smock is one of the best presents we have ever received)

Just as Avery was getting ready for her morning nap Brad and Olivia set out to run some errands and pick up the fixings for our Valentine's Dinner. Olivia walked into the house and said "Momma, we got you a surprise", to which Brad said "Olivia, we weren't going to tell Mommy until later, remember". She just looked at him and said "No". We both laughed. They surprised me with Chocolate Covered Strawberries from Fresh Market - delicious.

(Our clapping machine)
We exchanged cards and the girls and I gave Brad his gifts. They got him a safety light for his bike so that he would be safe while riding at dusk and I gave him a gift certificate so that he could pick out a new cycling gear bag, his current one looks like its straight out of NASCAR, and I figured its best that he pick it out himself, because had I chosen his bag he likely would have ended up with a polka dot monogrammed bag with the inspirational saying "We love you Daddy" embroided on the side. Can't you just see it now?

I forgot to mention that Brad gave me beautiful red Tulips on Friday afternoon, I can't believe I have yet to snap a photo of them, but they really are beautiful.

No comments: