Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chi-Town

I am in Chicago for a few days for work - I haven't been away from the girls since June when I traveled to the Dallas Area for a few days for work and then attended a family wedding in Park City, Utah and I have to say, I was beyond excited to get a break. I am not ashamed to admit that I needed a break and very badly wanted to get away, even if that meant a work trip.  I wanted a night in a hotel by myself, I wanted to sleep in a bed alone, the night before I left I had a rather large dog, a 47lb four year old and a 36lb 3 year old in my bed (Brad was traveling), and lets just say, it wasn't a very restful night of sleep for this girl. I have some friends that lose sleep over the thought of being away from their children for a few hours, and probably think I am insane for wanting a break, but it is who I am, I don't know what it tells you about me, or what people infer from it, but for me, I need the time to recharge my batteries, it makes me a better Mom and I very badly want to be a great Mom.

We flew into O'Hare last night - drove about 25 miles North of the city and we are staying at a Holiday Inn Express.  It is gorgeous here, it is going to be 78 degrees here today and that will break records here in Chicago, March is usually very cold. We ran out for dinner tonight to my favorite Chicago Pizza place, Giordano's Pizza...it is yummy, cheesy and good!


I traded emails with Brad this morning and it sounds like Avery had a rough night. She ended up sleeping with Brad and probably only got 4 hours of sleep, I hate that for him, but I also hate it for her, the poor child needs her sleep and I can't for the life of me figure out what is preventing her from resting her pretty little head on the pillow and closing her eyes. Fingers crossed that she sleeps better tonight!!!

No comments: