Monday, March 26, 2012

95 Years & Sigma Chi & Zac Brown

Missing a Few, but this is a good sampling of GG Ora's Great Grandchildren

We had a very busy weekend.  We celebrated Brad's Grandma's 95th Birthday with a Family Lunch at Bassett Country Club.


GG Ora and 4 of her 6 children, she was married at 13 years old - impressive isn't it?

GG Ora is a very special lady and we are so thankful that we were able to gather to celebrate her 95th year of life, we are already looking forward to the 96th celebration.


Avery & Heath competed for PawPaws attention all afternoon

The girls LOVE seeing their cousins and we hate that they don't see them more often. I lost track of the times I caught Olivia and Ellie hugging, it was adorable.


Horrible lighting - but Brad, GG Ora and Shannon

Saturday afternoon Brad and I headed North to Roanoke to join his Fraternity in their 20th Anniversary Celebration - it consisted of a lot of boys, some grown men, some college kids with far too much bling in their ears, and oddly enough college girls with far too little clothing on. If Olivia or Avery attempt to wear anything like what I saw there, I just might consider locking them in their bedrooms - those dresses - yikes, they were short and the girls left nothing to the imagination. Of course Brad and his friends were entertained, and don't get me wrong, people watching was pure comedy. I wish I would have snapped more shots of some of the outfits, but hopefully this one gives you an idea of what I was dealing with...


Olivia & Ellie
It was great to catch up with some of his friends, and while I wish more wives had made the trip, it was nice to spend a night away with Brad and I know he had a blast with all his buddies, some of which he probably hasn't seen since college.

When we walked in, I asked a few of Brad's friends where we should sit, one said "How about at the table you sponsored?" I thought he was being a smartie pants, but turns out we did sponsor a table and yes, we did sit there.

They have lost four brothers over the last few years, so that was a bit sobering. Two of the widows were there to honor their husbands memory, it was very touching. Robin (Mike's Wife) was there and Mike's Sisters were there as well, it was great to see Robin, but also a reminder that Mike should have been there celebrating with everyone else. Today marks the 3 year Anniversary of his death (I hate using the word Anniversary to describe something so sad and tragic)



Brad and I were both feeling a little old on Sunday morning and didn't end up leaving the hotel until close to 12 noon and after a quick nap once we crawled into our bed at home I quickly got dressed and met up with some of my gal pals for dinner at Croaker's Spot (soul food at its finest) and then the Zac Brown Band concert.  I had a great time with the ladies, but holy smokes I was tired.

No comments: