Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wordy Wednesday: Motherhood

Avery 2009
"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child". 
~Sophia Loren

Olivia - October 2009


This is one sentiment that I probably thought I understood before having a child, but holy smokes this ones hits you between the eyes several times a day as a Mom, sometimes its painful, because you make a decision that 4 years ago you would have bet money you would never have made, but other times it brings tears to your eyes that you are bigger than just individual decisions, that the choices you make impact others in a material way...some decisions are small, some large, some important and some trivial, but my decision making process has radically changed since having children, I go through at least three assessments...what is best for the girls, what is best for our family and what is best for me? And let's be honest, they don't always align, so then tough decisions are made.  I wouldn't trade the new decision making lens I look through for all the Doritos in the world, it suits me just fine!!

No comments: