Saturday, January 7, 2012

Before & After: Love for Liv

I thought Olivia's cute Pedestal Table was looking a little lonely and needed some love...so I got on Pinterest and looked for some inspiration and this is what I came up with, but needed to personalize it to fit her room...

Source
So I grabbed one of the cute white frames I procured for $7.99 at TJ Maxx a few months ago and started to brainstorm what I wanted it to look like and what I wanted it to say...the good news is, since I didn't spend a lick on the project I can change it out as often as I like and not feel an ounce of guilt.


And I grabbed some scrapbook paper I had and fired up the Silhouette and went to town...


Attempt #1 - Major FAIL...the paper is too busy and the font is too thin, you couldn't read it to save your life...


Attempt #2 - Minor Fail - paper is still too busy, despite fattening up the font a bit...


Attempt #3 - Minor Success - I changed the paper out, which helped a lot, but it still isn't exactly what I was looking for, but for now, it will serve the purpose of reminding that little girl (who can't read just yet), just how much she is loved every single morning when she opens those beautiful brown peepers of hers.

I think I might end up changing out the paper all together and finding a fun, lighter fabric to use, and then putting the vinyl on the glass part of the frame, I am worried the pink will be too much for the pink table, but for now it will show Liv the Love...

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Leigh - Go back to the original font, keep the paper you have and change to white vinyl and you're golden! In my opinion of course...

Such a sweet sentiment. Olivia is one lucky girl!

A Boy, His Girls & A Big Dog said...

Oh, good thinking, maybe that is the ticket!! I will try that :)

Jamie @ The Bullock 5 said...

What a cute idea! My little girl would love something like this, now my boys on the other hand lol!

Jamie @ The Bullock 5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.