Sunday, January 15, 2012

Adults Only...for a Night

Brad and I dropped the girls with my Parents on Saturday Morning and jumped on 64 East to meet up with our dear friends for a night oceanfront in Virginia Beach.  We arrived just in time to join the crew for lunch at Waterman's, where I enjoyed my very first Ruby Red Crush (they are famous for their Orange Crush drink) 

I dined on some rather delicious She Crap Soup and Brad devoured a Crab Cake Sandwich, I love me some seafood!!! The rest of the crew also enjoyed their meals, heck, we were a party of 6, and did I mention all 6 of us were adults? What isn't to love about that? I could have been eating cardboard and it would have been heavenly.

The girls and I spent the afternoon being pampered at the Founders Inn & Spa...while the boys bar hopped like frat boys.


Needless to say, the girls and I enjoyed a relaxing dinner at Mahi Mah's and then met up with the boys for a quick drink at Catch 31, which is a snazzy little spot located Oceanfront in the Hilton, which I believe happens to be the nicest accommodations in Virginia Beach. I have never been a huge fan of Virginia Beach, (I am an Outer Banks girl) but having the ocean 2 hours away is pretty great, we hope to make a few day trips with the girls this summer, or even grab a room for a night.

It was nice to have a break, but I missed the girls terribly...of course when we arrived at my Parents house to pick them up, they wanted nothing to do with us and were asking to eat and take their naps at my Parents house - clearly they didn't miss us the way we missed them....on one hand it makes me sad, but at the end of the day it makes me feel pretty darn good that they have such a good time with my Parents. (Thanks Mom & Dad).

No comments: