Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Menu Monday: Shortcut Garlic Bread

So today I thought I would share another menu shortcut favorite of mine. This one is straight from my Mom's kitchen. I can remember growing up, flying down to Florida to visit my cousins (3 boys) and they would beg my Mom to make her famous Garlic Bread, and you bet your bottom dollar I didn't protest, I loved it! It wasn't until I grew up a bit did I realize just how easy this hot, buttery, goodness was to prepare. My Mom should have thrown flour on her face and huffed and puffed as she prepared this to get some extra credit for just how amazing this Garlic Bread recipe really is.



Ingredients: 
1 Packet Good Seasoning Dressing Mix
1 Stick Butter or Margarine
Bread of your choice (Sometimes Crusty French/Italian,  and sometimes a package of English Muffins)

What you do: 
1) Prepare to have your world rocked by the best darn garlic bread your taste buds have come into contact with.

2) Soften Butter - but really that means just leave it out on the counter for a few hours, do NOT melt it in the microwave, you don't want a puddle of butter, you want the consistency of the soft spreadable butter than comes in the tubs

3) Pour Seasoning Packet over butter in an air tight (can be stored in the fridge type bowl), and mix together really well until its a seasoning-buttery spread

4) Use a knife to spread the "butter" over English Muffins or on a loaf of fresh bread (French or Italian).  If using English Muffins, broil them. If using a loaf of bread, wrap in tin foil and place in the oven on 350 for 20 minutes or so, basically until the butter is nice and melted and the bread is crusty and warm.

5) Enjoy and don't give a second thought to the fact that you used an entire stick of butter...

This really is one of my favorites, and I happen to have another favorite Garlic Bubble Loaf I just might share with you in one of the upcoming weeks...I have a thing for Garlic Bread...I would marry it if I could. And I have to admit, I think using the English Muffins is PURE GENIUS. The butter just fills up those precious nooks & crannies, it is full stick of butter good!

No comments: