Friday, January 6, 2012

Five on Friday: 2012 Goals

So for 2012 this is where my head and heart stand today...keep in mind, I actually haven't given this a ton of thought, and I even tossed around the idea about going month to month with my goals, and I still might, but wanted to put finger to key and document what I was thinking in the moment...



1) Prioritize quality time with my husband - unplug during the week, at least one night, no computers, snuggle and be present for each other, no competition for attention, just one on one time, and ensure that we get out for date night at least once a month. A happy couple makes for happier parents. And support him in all that he does, whether it be work or his cycling passion, I need to be a better support system for him, I expect support from him and I should be more than willing to give it in return.



2) Spend quality time with the girls - get on the floor and color with them, shut the TV off, and do a puzzle with them, play more games, tell them stories, read books, blast some music and bust a move like no one is watching.  I want to be a part of creating memories they will tell their children about and I can't imagine "My Mom was the bomb at watching TV with me" is going to earn me any Grandma of the Year awards...



3) Be content - we don't need to keep up with the Joneses (no intended reference to my SIL and her family - ha!), we need to be content with what we have and who we are, and if there are things we would like to change, we need to understand why we want to change and if the change makes sense and is needed or wanted for the right reasons we need to prioritize and make smart decisions.



4) Nurture my friendships - life has happened and busy has gotten busier, the very last thing I want, is for my close friends to ever wonder how important they are to me. I tell the girls multiple times a day how much I love them, sometimes over and over again (firm believer that you can't over-do-it) and I hope that my friends know that if it wasn't creepy for me to do the same with them, I would be shouting it from the rooftops...I always want them to know how important our friendship is, and for them to know that I am always here for them should they ever need anything. Several of my close friends are expecting babies this year, some their first (so excited), some their second and some their third, and I am so happy for them, it actually brings me to tears.

The Girls & I running through the sprinklers...Summer 2010

5) Let it Go - live for the moment, let go of the past, stop stressing about the future, learn to let it go, and live for the now.  This one is going to be a HUGE stretch for me. My control freak nature is already stressing about Olivia's 529 Plan and how much money its lost, but in the day to day life, I want to lay with the girls for a few extra minutes at night when they ask, and not stress about how many emails have collected since I left the office, or not worry about what is going on in the blog world, and what I've missed on Pinterest. I need to realize that all of those things will be there, and the time with the girls or with Brad is precious, I need to soak it all in while I can.

1 comment:

o4seasmom said...

I think you are an amazing wife and mother, I hope I tell you that enough, in a not creepy kind of way. Thanks for your friendship!