Monday, January 30, 2012

MIA Monday

Holy Toledo, have I been MIA or what? Sure as heck have, and I apologize.  I wish I had some great, flashy excuse...that I was visiting a sandy beach, or was finishing up my thesis and couldn't tear myself away...nope, the truth is, I started swallowing daggers (got a sore throat) last Tuesday night and lost all motivation to do anything other than swallow without bursting into tears. 

I finally saw a Doc at an Urgent Care place here yesterday morning and sure enough, this lady has Strep Throat.  Is it beyond me why on God's Green Earth Adults can get such a dreadful bacteria, but at the same time, I find myself wishing I could take the pain away from my girls when they are sick, so maybe I caught this one so they could skate by Strep-Free...even if that isn't the case, I am going to choose to think about it that way, that this beyond obnoxious sore throat I have been suffering from wasn't for not, it was because I stripped the germs away from my beauties and took one for the team.

And of course, I had to get sick last week in the midst of a 60+ hour work week (no more on that later, I don't want to get into it, lets just say, while exciting and full of challenges, this new job is filled with long hours).  We also had company for the weekend, our good friend Rob and his 2 year old son Braeden.  It was great to spend time with them, but I felt like a dud all weekend.

So I don't have a great recipe to share with you, because I haven't whipped anything up in ages.  We had Chinese on Friday Night and Pizza Saturday Night and I have been avoiding food, outside of the Ice Cream Brad brought me last night and leftover Pork Fried Rice...I plan to get back on the meal making wagon STAT.

No comments: