Thursday, December 1, 2011

About Giving...

Don't mind the facial expression - how embarrassing.
Every year we try and do little things to show the girls that the Holiday Season is more so about giving than it is about receiving, and that since we are fortunate to have a home, and two jobs, it is our duty to give to others that don't have the fortunes that we have been blessed with.

This year we donated a meal around Thanksgiving time through their Pre-School just like we did last year through Church and for Christmas I grabbed two angels off the Angel Tree at work for us to shop for.  I purposely chose two little girls, age 5 and age 6 and they both wanted a bike, so I thought it would be pretty cool to get them a bike.  At Capital One we do a TON for the Angel Tree, last year on the pick up day I would guess we had a few hundred bikes lined up to load onto the truck, and it gave me the chills thinking about all those little faces on Christmas Morning...so I figured this would be a good year to do our part.


This photo above was taken as I was running to a meeting and this is just a fraction of the loot from one of our 8 buildings, so you can imagine what it will all look like tomorrow when the truck comes. Makes me all warm and fuzzy thinking about it. I hope that year after year we give more, and that the girls see the power in giving, if we can give that gift to the girls we will be doing something right. 

No comments: