Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Home Tour Tuesday: Dining Room...

Here is our Dining Room in 2005 when we moved in...contractor white on the walls, but new furniture and a new area rug.


I love our China Hutch, but I so badly wanted the larger one, but the room just wouldn't allow it

The photograph on the far wall is one of Raleigh, North Carolina, Brad took it when he was living there, I had it blow up and framed for him for an Anniversary Present - he has even sold a few, its a great shot.

And then we had the room painted in 2006, it was actually one of the first rooms that we had painted. I fell in love with the color after visiting my SIL in Georgia, they have this color in their home and I just loved it.  While I still very much like the color, my taste is going more towards gray, and less towards the warm colors, but this color now makes up about 85% of our house, so I am going to learn to live with it for many more years to come.  Once we finally bit the bullet and had the 2 story foyer painted, that was the nail in the coffin, this color isn't going anywhere, anytime soon, but since the dining room is fairly contained now, thanks to the new all, we could mix it up in there just a bit....


And then Brad added picture frame molding while I was in Manila in 2010...and then in December 2010 we put a wall up to close off the former formal living room, which is now our home office.


And last but not least, we painted below the chair rail and added a gallery wall...


I wish the room was a little larger, we have a fantastic, beautiful table but it rarely gets a chance to breath, and heck, who am I kidding, it rarely gets any company, outside of Birthday Cake Cutting ceremonies.

I plan to recover the chairs and add some new window treatments at some point in 2012, but other than that, this room is basically complete, unless of course, we decide to change the paint color, but I am fairly certain that won't be anytime soon, there are several other projects I would prioritize over changing the paint color in the dining room. I can't decide if the fabric will be soft and subtle, with just a touch of color, maybe a pale teal or blue, or whether I will attempt to work in some other colors, or heck, maybe even just go white? Would you really put white on your dining room chairs? I guess I could protect the fabric? Thoughts? I am slightly obsessed with white these days, so that is in the running for sure.

No comments: