Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Jolly Ol' St. Nick Came...

Cookies, Milk and the "Secret No Fireplace Santa Key"...
And he brought the thunder and the rain...these two girls sure must have been little angels all year long to have received so many wonderful presents from the Jolly Ol' Fella...


We had quite a hectic Christmas Eve, so our traditions got brushed to the side, and in the chaos called bedtime, we forgot to have the girls leave the cookies & milk out for Santa, but of course I couldn't let a tradition go all together, so I put the cookies out and snapped a few shots so I could show the girls the next morning...


And of course the next morning the cookies had been nibbled on and the milk was gone, and Santa had left the girls a letter...and the letter even included a report from Cameron the Elf, and Cameron had mentioned to the big guy just how loud and fussy bedtime is around here, but of course the girls didn't really get the hint...



This was the scene on Christmas Morning just before the girls came downstairs...I was chomping at the bit, I couldn't wait to see their reactions...



Olivia making her way down the stairs with my Mom, Avery and Brad on her heels...


Her reaction when she saw her new bike was priceless, I think Brad might have patted himself on the back for that one, her reaction was great.I have to admit, I was a little nervous. Our niece got a bike when she was about Olivia's age, and she didn't touch the thing for a few days, barely even glanced in its direction, I was so worried Olivia would have the same reaction and I was worried I would have to repair Brad's heart, but thankfully that didn't happen.




Avery loved her Daisy Duck, who now sleeps with her and accompanies her around the house...and she also seemed to be a big fan of her new doll bed (Huge Shout Out to my Dad on this one, I had every intention of finishing it myself, but ran out of time, so he sprayed it for me, and I finished it off with the vinyl)



We broke another tradition this year and skipped the breakfast casserole and just heated up some beyond delicious cinnamon rolls from Costco, but never fear, we didn't skip the Mimosa Tradition...


My Mom and I enjoyed our first sips around 8am - not too shabby eh?We didn't rush through presents this year, while the girls really enjoyed ripping into them, we took breaks to just enjoy each other and the day, we lounged around, played with toys and just enjoyed each others company...



We even took a break for a test "ride"...and Avery got in on the action too, she got to ride her "new" bike as well...

 

I have to give Brad some props...he wrapped my present and made the bow himself. When I spotted it, I immediately said "oh did your Mom make the bow?", and he was quick to point out that he did it all by himself - he was so proud! And you will note from the previous Five on Friday post that we don't exchange gifts...well, we both broke that a bit this year, the girls got him a new iPad cover-thingy and he bought me cowboy boots...YEE-HAW!!!


And my Parents got the girls LeapPads, which Olivia refers to as a "Kids iPad"...they haven't played with them too much just yet, so the jury is still out, but I just know they are going to love them, once they get the hang of them...they are so used to my iPhone and the iPad, but once we figure this bad boy out I imagine we will be cooking with gas!!! My Parents had a blast watching the girls open their presents, and the girls were kind enough to offer up their unwrapping talents to anyone that was willing to take them up on it...as you can see from the photo below. Avery is helping me unwrap a new dress from Boden (Thanks Mom!)


Normally we head to Brad's Parents house around nap time on Christmas, but Shannon (Brad's Sister)'s kiddos were sick, fevers and all, so I didn't want to chance it, so we are still here, in Richmond, hoping that Brad's Parents can join us for a day or two later in the week. We missed being able to visit with them, but are thankful that we got to spend time with Shannon & Family over Thanksgiving.

PS: My favorite gift the girls got, was their new craft table - it makes a world of difference in the morning room - I can't wait to do a home tour of the morning room...maybe in a week or two, we have a project going on right now that will reside in there.

No comments: