Monday, December 26, 2011

Menu Monday: Nutter Butter Balls

Growing up one of my favorite activities was sneaking downstairs at Pattie Jo's house to grab a few extra peanut butter balls, holy smokes, those delectable balls of peanut butter, covered in chocolate were heaven sent, and try as I might, I haven't been able to reproduce quite the same taste, despite using the trusty recipe, so you could say that I gave up, and went in search of another peanut butter - chocolate recipe that would satisfy my taste buds...and while I didn't knock it out of the park on the first try, these little beauties have a lot of potential...and most importantly, they are EASY!

Similar to the Mint Oreo Cookie Balls...you need:

1 Package (8oz) of Cream Cheese, softened
24 Nutter Butter Cookies, finely crushed, about 3 cups (I used the whole package, whoops)
2 Package (6 sqs each) Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted (microwave)
Peanut Butter - I used JIF

What to do: 

1) Crush the Nutter Butter Cookies, I used the food processor, and it basically gave me cookie dust...a little chunkier might have been better.


2) Mix Cream Cheese with Cookie Dust, finely crushed Cookies. I ended up throwing in several spoon fulls of peanut butter because there was so way the cream cheese was going to get the job done, next time I plan to use less cookies and even more peanut butter.


3) Shape into 1 inch balls, place on wax paper and freeze for 10 minutes, or if you live where its cold enough, just set them outside for a bit. (I actually skipped this step since it was 70 degrees the day I did it and you bet your bottom dollar I didn't have a lick of space in the freezer to cool these pups off)

4) Melt Chocolate & mix in 1/4 cup peanut butter, dip balls in mixture and return to wax paper. Refrigerate for an hour. Keep in the fridge

These beauties were delicious, and I just know next time they will be even better. We enjoyed sampling them while we went in search of Tacky Christmas Lights on Friday December 23rd.

1 comment:

oneof4dms said...

never heard of making them that way! sounds interesting and yummy:)