Thursday, June 30, 2011

"School of Readers"

Olivia's teacher asked each and every student in her class to read 10 books this summer (I feel like I had summer homework like this too, but when I was 12 or 14 years old, not 3 years old), color a worksheet full of 10 fish (one for each book), and then return the sheet when we are finished reading the 10 books.  It was pretty easy for us, because we read a book most nights before bed, but I wanted to share with ya'll the books that Olivia selected for her 10.
1) Pinkalicious by Victoria Kahn
2) Purplicious by Victoria Kahn
3) Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor
4) All About Corduroy by Don Freeman
5) Zack's Alligator by Shirley Mozelle
6) Olivia the Magnificent by Sheila Sweeny Higginson
7) I love you, Little One by Nanvy Tafuri
8) My Dad is Great by Gaby Goldsack
9) Of thee I sing by Barack Obama
10) Someday by Alison McGhee - my all time favorite 

I loved the idea, and Olivia is excited because since she completed the task, she gets a free book to add to her collection. We can't wait to see what it is!

No comments: