Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Gratitude Day 3

I am on a roll, day 3...now if it was only this easy to stay on a diet....I would be one skinny little Momma, and clearly I am not...which is a subject for another post, but I really need to do something about it if I am going to strut around in a bathing suit in March with Brad to celebrate our 5 Year Anniversary...I put two flights on-hold today for Puerto Rico and we have a hotel room booked at a beautiful Marriott Resort. We are still unsure whether that will be our final destination, but booking saver award tickets on United to the Caribbean is nearly impossible so I snagged the first two seats that were actually open on our travel dates. Our goal is the Caribbean, on a United Flight, staying at a Marriott Resort = Free Vacation. Of course we will have to pay for meals, but our flights and hotel will be free!

Brad is traveling again tonight...he got home last night around 8:15pm and was gone again at 8:00am this morning, he spent the day in Northern Virginia, which means he was able to pick up my "Push" present Ring from our jeweler, I can't wait to put that beauty on my right hand.

I am thankful for:
  • My husband, who when he thought I was sick offered to come straight home from his trip...turns out it was a few hour stomach bug and I feel just fine now.
  • Riley, who is more than excited to see me every single day when I get home from work, now that is unconditional love.
  • The armed forces that protect us every single day and fight for our freedom. I was watching Army Wives this afternoon and cried my eyes out while Joan said her goodbyes to her family on her way to Iraq, I can't imagine as a mother leaving my children behind. I think about my friends Christine and Amanda...Christine's husband deployed a few weeks ago and Amanda's husband is getting ready to deploy shortly. They both have little boys Avery's age, and they will likely both be gone for 12-15 months. I am very thankful that my very best friend Beth's older brother Tolan is now home safe and sound, this was his second deployment, but he is home safe.

No comments: