Thursday, September 3, 2009

Every Second Counts...

So I have been debating whether to post this story for a few days...its heartbreaking, tragic and beyond sad, so I completely understand if you can't watch it. I will tell you upfront, its about a precious little baby boy named Thomas. He was born with a genetic disorder and lives only a few short days, so for those of you that are pregnant, you might not want to watch it...but I had to share it because I can't stop thinking about it.

As I sit here and wallow in the many doctors appointments we have coming up in the month of September this video reminds me just how very lucky we are, and that I need to appreciate every second I have with my girls, just as these parents did with their son Thomas.

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/photogr ... 9/thomas2/

I sobbed while watching this, and sobbed the moment I picked the girls up at daycare and hugged them tight. A lot of people can't watch stuff like this, and can't imagine something like this happening to their little one. Call me strange, or even "a little off", but I have to watch stuff like this, I can't stop, Brad always tells me to "turn it off", or says "why do you do that to yourself" when he sees me bawling my eyes out. But for me, it gives me perspective, it helps me cherish every laugh, every knee scrape, and every hug. I need stories like this to remind to be the best Mom I can be every single second of the day. This is what its all about. Work really doesn't matter, its all about the lives I am forming every single day. I need stories like this to remind that a referral to the Cardiologist, while scary, could be a lot worse, and that I need to take every day as it comes. I need stories like this to give me hope and inspiration. I need stories like this to remind me that I am blessed, because in the crazy life I lead, I am ashamed to admit that there are times I lose sight of this, and I never want that to happen. I always want my girls to feel the love I have in my heart.

Let me know what you think...

2 comments:

The B's said...

Awe sweetie, you are the most awesome mom. And I do think that we all get caught up in life sometimes, so these type things really do bring reminders of what is really important. I absolutely agree with you... being a mom is the most important privilege that we could ever have. I say privilege, because that is absolutely what it is. Raising children is a gift. I just pray that I get it right, because this is the most important thing in life and I don't want to mess up. I thank God for our gifts and they also include sending friends like you into our lives. Thanks for giving us all some perspective this morning :)

3guysandagirl said...

I agree with you Leigh, 150%. That's why I follow stories like this too. Sometimes I take for grantid my two little guys. Heck, Josh too. His accident in January brought him back to me in many ways. My kids are my life. Work, houses, cars, it doesn't matter if I didn't try my very best to be a good mother. If my children aren't happy. I even enjoy the constant slapping, biting and bickering between the two. As much as it drives me crazy at the time. These moments are fleeting. And no one is guaranteed tomorrow. I agree with you totally. You're not weird. If you are, than I am too :)