Saturday, September 26, 2009

Snots, Snots and More Snots

I took Avery back to the Doctor this morning...you might recall that she came down with another "cold" while we were at the beach, and that the little darling passed it along to me the Saturday we got home...yeah, well she is still fighting that and its been a solid 10 days so off we went this morning at 9:15am. The Doctor, who we had never seen before (but they tell me he has been with the practice for over a year...good gracious they must have more Doctors than I thought if I had never heard his name before today), said it was a good thing we came in, while she was still moving air well, her lungs were a little too junky for his liking, so he started her on a ZPack and told us to administer Benadryl two times a day (morning and night) to help dry up her nose since she is a snot factory. So she had her first dose when we got home...giving her meds might be one of my least favorite things to do, Brad is 146% better at it than I am, but he had to work all day so I was on my own...

Donna is going to be thrilled that Avery can take Benadryl to dry up her nose because she is sick of all the snots walking around daycare (like its a new thing? She's been in this business for 20 years and just now the snots are getting to her? Is she kidding me?) Anyways...

My Mom stayed with Olivia while Avery and I went to the Doctor, she gave Olivia a bath, got her dressed and "did her hair". And I wish I had taken a picture, let me see if words can do the hair-do justice. So I walk in the door to Olivia who is wearing dark/hot pink leggings, a light pink top, a hot pink jacket, pink shoes and two different color pink clippies...that in itself is a sight to see. So back to the hair-do....and I should add, this is EXACTLY why my Mom made me have short hair my entire life and from now on I am going to cease complaining about it, because I think in hindsight she was doing me a favor...it really was that bad. So picture this...a strip of hair from the forehead back down the middle of her head pulled together in a hair tie and then one of the clippies on top of that, and she did some sort of twist action with the hair before she put it in the tie, well I don't think she really did, that's just what it looked like, so we have that clip, right in the middle of her head, and then about 1.5-2 inches below that she has pulled up the sides of Olivia's hair, with some of the longer pieces in the back and pulled it all together in a tie, and then put the other clip on that "pony". So she basically had two mini pony tails going down the middle of her head and then some extra, and by some extra, I mean a lot of extra long pieces just hanging out, kinda like a mullet, but not really. It was just a mess, hilarious, but a mess. Needless to say, when it was time to get ready for lunch I re-did the hair. I give her an A+ for effort though...I really wish I had taken a picture...

Okay, so after the hair was re-done, we all piled into the car and headed to Westchester Commons for lunch, a yummy lunch at Noodles & Company later we were off to Stride Rite to get Olivia a new pair of "Sneakers" aka "Tennis Shoes" (all depends on where you hail from as to what you call them). But let me just say, this child needs supportive shoes...she falls non-stop, biggest klutz I know...lets hope the shoes help. If they don't, we are seriously going to consider strapping horse blinders to her face, the world is just one big distraction for her, she can't look where she is going she is constantly just wandering around looking every which way...our little space cadet.

Brad left the house around 7am, oh and I should add that Olivia was up at 6:15am, and by up, I mean WIDE awake, talking a mile a minute...good thing that Surgery really sent her for a loop...NOT. And Brad got home around 4pm, he had a long day...a day full of casting for him with about 35 Doctors, sounds thrilling doesn't it?

The whole family headed to Don Pepe so Olivia could have an "Mexican Pizza" aka a Cheese Quesadilla and then we swung by my parents to say bye to GaGa as he is heading back to Northfield tomorrow morning, my Mom will fly back on the 10th.

No comments: