Thursday, September 3, 2009

Freedom

One of my dear Mommy Friends just had to send her husband off to war this week. Christine has been so brave and so strong throughout all of this, I frankly don't think I would have handled it as well as she has, I admire her strength. Her son, Brayden is the same age as Avery, and it breaks my heart to think that he will go a solid year without seeing his Dada. I can't imagine what a little 18 month old will think of a man he hasn't seen in 12 long months. They had beautiful pictures taken before her husband left, I was full on crying looking at them, but I know they will bring her comfort during his time away. Please send your prayers out to Christine and her family, pray that James will be kept safe and sound over there. I am so thankful for the job he does, while I wish all of our soldiers were home safe and sound and that not a single one of them had to miss the birth of their first child, or their first child's birthday, I appreciate the sacrifice they are making for our freedom.

No comments: