Friday, September 25, 2009

Bravest Girl

Olivia was so brave, and I must also report that I was pretty brave myself. We arrived at Johnston-Willis this morning at 6:45am, which meant we woke Olivia up at 6am and left for the hospital around 6:15am. Thank the Lord my parents were here to help out, they came over around 6am to stay with Avery until they could drop her at Donna's at 7am.

Olivia did a great job with all the preliminary stuff, but when it came time for them to take her from us, she clung on for dear life and screamed bloody murder, I did my best to hold back the tears and did until the very last second, I didn't want her to see me cry. We immediately went into the lobby after they took her away, my parents met us there and we waited for Dr. W to come out with the report post surgery.

Turns out both of her teeth were infected so it was a very good thing that we did the procedure so quickly and didn't let it sit for too long. He said she did great and they called us back shortly to meet her in Room 18. Just as we were walking down the hall they were wheeling her down the hall on stretcher, she was awake, a little groggy, but very awake and just reached her hand out to me and said "Hi Mommy", it was precious. Dr. W prepared us for her to be pretty upset and uncomfortable but it appears as though she got the best case scenario, she was an absolute angel. The nurses were amazed. She didn't even flinch when they took her IV out...

We cuddled on the bed, she hugged YaYa and after a few sips of Apple Juice we were out of there. YaYa and GaGa surprised her with a Fisher Price Laptop which she is already madly in love with, she played with it the whole way home.

All the Doctors and Nurses prepared us for her to be groggy and sleepy all day...not so much, she is still upstairs fussing around in her crib and has been running around wanting to play with each and every toy she owns. I am thinking I will have to go up and check on her shortly, I am betting she already has her pants off, since that is her new favorite thing to do...

I have a few pics from the hospital to post, but I haven't uploaded them just yet...stay tuned.

2 comments:

maura said...

I'm so glad to hear it went well. What a brave little girl. Sending Olivia lots of get well wishes!

The Millers said...

Glad to hear she's good! She's a little trooper. So are Mom & Dad.