Saturday, August 1, 2009

Trip Around the Globe...

So the trip home was less than on time...it was late, so late that we missed our connection in Detroit, the 5pm flight to Richmond was cancelled and the 9:05pm flight to Richmond was sold out, so that meant a connection through Minneapolis arriving in Richmond at 11pm, or a flight to National arriving in DC around 7pm, and then a drive south down 95. We chose the second option. We had lunch in Detroit, a late lunch, but a yummy one, relaxed for all of two minutes after running like crazy trying to make our original flight, and then boarded the flight for DC. We arrived on time, waited for our bags...and poor Carver got sick. I am guessing it was something she ate, because I am still feeling A-Okay. So needless to say it wasn't an easy trip back to Richmond. Brad picked me up at Richmond Airport after I dropped the most expensive 3 hour rental car ever around 11pm, and we were home and in bed by midnight. It was great to sneak in and peek on the girls, I tried to wake Olivia up but she wanted no part in that. I went in to get her this morning and she looked at me and said "No, Bina", which is what she is now calling Brad's Mom...Bina sounds like Grammie right? Not at all, no clue where she got that. I picked her up, despite her protests, asked her if she loved me and she proceed to point at my nose and say forcefully "No Momma". Welcome Home, your daughter clearly hates you for leaving her. But I am happy to report, it took her all of 3 minutes to snap out of it and she has been great all day.

Avery on the other hand was thrilled to see me, that lil angel smiled all day, until Molly and I headed out to BRU tonight (Brad failed to mention that we had two liners left for Avery's bottles...seems like that would be important right?....men). Avery screamed the whole way there and the whole way back, I am not kidding when I say that I haven't heard her cry like that since she was 1-2 months old, no clue what her deal was, but she was fine as soon as we got home.

Olivia, "Bina" and I went to the Kids Layne Sale this morning, bought Olivia a few outfits for next Summer and bought Avery's Birthday Dress and then met the boys and Avery for lunch at Five Guys...delicious.

Brad's Parents headed out once the girls went down for their naps...I was right behind them, a quick hour long nap before Avery woke up talking her face off. That child does not have an inside voice...or if she does, she doesn't know how to use it. I can't thank them enough for all of their help over the last week, I don't know what we would have done without them...

TMI Warning...I got my "you know what" over the North Pole. I wasn't expecting her arrival until Tuesday, but no such luck, she arrived just as we were flying over the North Pole. Seriously...annoying!

Tomorrow we are packing up and heading to VA Beach for the day to celebrate Jayden Harrington's Dedication, I can't wait to see Adam and Kear...and of course Big J. Olivia is madly in love with him, lets hope they don't try and make out at church, that would be totally inappropriate. We will head out early and will likely be back by dinner...another busy day.

No comments: