Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chesterfield County Fair...




So if you know me well, you know I love a good fair...I love the food, the sights, the smells and of course the people watching. Its a real treat for me. However, the heat just about ruined the treat this year. We headed out around 5:00pm, of course we joined up with The Koehlers, so Olivia and Zack could continue their love affair...the sun was still shining bright and we were a' sweatin. Lala, as Zack affectionatly calls her was sportin' her new favorite hair style, the pig-tails. And yes, I cropped myself out of that picture on purpose. I had a mini breakdown looking at these pictures, it really smacks you in the face when you see yourself in pictures just how much weight you have to lose...so you won't be seeing me on the big screen (your computer screen), until some of this weight has melted off into the sunset. More on that later...

Avery spent the evening in her BOB and was a little angel, she passed out as we headed towards the car, and slept right through our brief stops to get Fried Oreo's and Elephant Ears, which BTW, is the same exact thing as Fried Dough...I asked. Turns out, where you live determines what you call it...heck, I don't care what you call it, I call it YUMMY.
Olivia and Zack enjoyed hot dogs and ribbon fries before heading to the kids play area...they messed around there long enough for Insley and I to have some girl time while Juliette ate and we took cover under a tent to get a break from the sun. We later caught up with the men and kids...Olivia and I went on a hay-ride, hence the picture of us together above...


We were home by 8pm and both girls were off to dreamland as soon as their heads hit the pillow/mattress. Yes folks, Olivia is now using a pillow. "Paa-Low" as she likes to call it. She loves it. Its just a tiny little thing, the little sham that came with her PBK bedding...

No comments: