Friday, August 21, 2009

Finally...a name for our nephew.

I have been giving my SIL, Shannon a hard time about settling on a name for our darling nephew...drum roll please...

Heath McCoy Jones
(Shannon, I hope I spelled that right)
We can't wait to meet that little man, I've already had a blast shopping for him since my days are filled with pinks and purples. I hope I am not ruining a big surprise by outing his name, I am just so excited, I can't even stand it, now I get to start monogramming EVERYTHING I see...in blue for once, not pink. And we got word this week that Shannon is measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule...can't wait to smooch all over that bundle.
Speaking of shopping, I ventured out to Target last night...along...at 9pm. Seriously, one of my favorite places on Earth, and at 9pm, alone...what more could a girl ask for? I found the most adorable tunic style tank tops for Olivia on Clearance, so I scooped up a few in size 5T...and I should also mention I bought her the most adorable Preppy Navy Sweater from Lands End last night....wait for it, wait for it...in a size 7. HA. Can you believe it? A size 7, what was I thinking? Who am I kidding, I know EXACTLY what I was thinking...I was thinking it was too cute to pass up for $6.99, and that my daughters HAD to have it, and like they always say, the good things are worth waiting for...so they will have to wait until they fit into it, but it will be perfect, I just know it. And back to Target...they have the most adorable Toddler Shoes on sale right now, I would buy each and every one of them if I knew what size Olivia's feet were going to be later this Fall, into the Winter, but ya never know...so I settled at two pairs...hot pink Mary Janes...I mean, what girl doesn't need hot pink Mary Janes? HA.
Brad took today off, he just needed a break, so he is going for a nice long ride in the woods today while I go blind from looking at Excel Worksheet after worksheet, I want to poke my eyes out with a fork...
On a serious note...I shouldn't be joking about my eyes. One of my High School Classmates was in a serious car accident on Saturday, was hit by a drunk driver and is at Mass General, in the ICU, sedated. She just had her first of many 15 hour facial reconstruction surgeries, and they are worried about her regaining her eye sight. Please send your prayers up for Nichole and her family. Coming from a small town helps you put things into perspective...
I should also mention that Avery came home from daycare on Wednesday in one of Olivia's outfits and Donna didn't even realize it, sad that it fit her well enough to not raise any red flags...a 6 month old wearing a size 24m old outfit. Geez, what am I feeding this child?
Both of the girls are snotty messes, Avery had a very rough night last night, she was so congested she could barely breathe, she had to sleep in her Fisher Price Rocker, Brad slept on the floor next to her, tonight its my turn. It looks like our trip to DC is off for the weekend. I am bummed, but know its a wise decision to stay home with two sick girls it wouldn't be all that much fun to be in a hotel, trekking around the city, but it also means that we miss out on our photo session with our wedding photographer, this is the 3rd time we have cancelled, guess its not meant to be.

No comments: