Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Going through the Big D...




don't mean Dallas...

I left on Tuesday August 11th for San Angelo, Texas and flew back into Roanoke on Friday August 14th and met Brad and the girls down there. Brad took the girls to Bassett on Tuesday and he worked that part of the state for the rest of the week while the girls enjoyed quality time with "Bina and PawPaw".

My few days in Texas were filled with long, exhausting, painful hours working with a large group of our Activation Agents, not fun, but it was good for me to get exposure to a domestic supplier, as my perspective is currently based on my Manila agents.

So...landing in San Angelo, the airport has two gates, one airline, three employees, five rental car desks and one baggage claim. Its hilarious. Literally the agent working the ticket counter, takes your boarding passes and helps you board the plane, and for crying out loud might run down to the tarmac and guide the pilot to the runway. You walk away from the experience wondering if the mailman is also the Vet and Dentist in town...small town USA. But they did have every Chain Restaurant and Big Box Retailer known to man, so I couldn't really complain. I will say though, while the Fairfield Inn we stayed at wasn't bad, its sad when that is the nicest hotel in town. We did however have dinner at The Grille, which is owned by a chef that was on Hell's Kitchen.


And on a side note, on Thursday the 13th my toe started killing me...infection. Urrggg.

No comments: