Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Phew!

I took Olivia to see Dr. W (Pediatric Dentist) this morning at 10:45am. But first of all, we had a rough time, Olivia woke up around 1:45am and didn't settle back down until about 4:30am, she was happy one minute, crying the next, I felt so bad for her, every time I put her back in her crib she screamed bloody murder. She has been doing that the last few nights, almost like she is scared I won't be there when she wakes up being that I was gone for a full week, and I hate that feeling since I have to leave again on Tuesday for a week in Texas :(

And Avery was up every hour or so last night, the little roller can't seem to settle down now that she is rolling all over the place, at least she decided to wake up at 1:45am too, so both girls were awake at the same time, so that meant I was up from 1:45-4:45am. And then Avery was up again at 6:15am to eat...

So back to the Dentist Appointment...after sleeping on it and having a rough night we called first thing this morning and made an appointment. Olivia woke up around 9am, ate some breakfast, took a bath and we were off. It went as well as I expected it to go, of course there was screaming...but I figured as much. So this is what he said:
  • The teeth are NOT loose
  • She bit through her lips...hence all the blood and super swollen lips
  • The "flesh"/gum area between her top two teeth is torn up pretty bad, but it will heal quickly. It looks horrible, black and still bloody...
  • One of her top two teeth is pushed back quite a bit, he is hoping that by sucking her thumb (I know, something positive about her sucking her thumb while she sleeps) she will push it forward a little bit, so here's to hoping.
  • We won't know about nerve damage for 6-8 weeks.

So Olivia will go back to Dr. W on August 31st and Sept 30th to continue the follow up process. After the appointment I took our brave lil' one to Target to pick out a toy, I found all these great things I thought she would love, and she walked away with a teeny baby that was all of $2.99. But of course I still bought the Bath time Baby Doll and Tub of Plastic Food, she needs them right? And then we strolled over to the clothing section, I found some adorable leggings and tunic tops for Olivia for the fall, she finally said "no more Momma" and made me put some back. Hilarious. We picked up Wendy's on the way home and had a picnic on the floor. She had a blast, and she is now napping. Phew.

3 comments:

chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeni said...

Okay I'm a dummy because I was trying to help my mom log in to my blog so I logged in as her and had forgotten that when I posted a comment to your blog. So anyhow...I hope miss Olivia feels much better and that there's no nerve damage and I hope you all get better sleep tonight!!