Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Capital One Picnic...aka "Bouncy House Party"

So I might have mentioned before that Olivia and I went to the Capital One CSC Family Picnic last Thursday, it was only 712 degrees outside and right in the middle of the day...can't you just picture it now, SUPER DE DUPER HOT...and yes, that was a quote from my big purple friend, Barney. And while I am on the topic of Barney, I just have to say, that while I was horrified that Olivia loved him early on in her TV watching career, I happen to have a new outlook on that and am a big fan of him. Yes, its painful to watch, the kids outfits are like nails on a chalkboard for me, and the acting is horrible, BUT the messages are great and right now, at such an impressionable age, I am all for positive influences for my first born, so I am going to suck up how uncomfortable it makes me feel and let her enjoy it. How very big of me right? That's me, selfless. HA.

Now back to the Picnic...They had BBQ, Grilled Chicken and Hot Dogs for the main entree, and for those of you that know me well, you know I am not a huge fan of BBQ, but I was impressed. And for activities they had loud music for Olivia to dance to, Water Balloon tosses, kickball and a few other "big kid" things. And of course the Bouncy House!!! We enjoyed a snow cone down the front of our shirt...by we, I mean Olivia. And we looked super cute doing it, and again by we I mean Olivia. I do have to point out how adorable my daughter looked in her new Birthday Shirt from her "Aunt" Kori.





This one was taken for the sole purpose of showing off her cute lil Pig Tails...please excuse my big white thigh in the bottom right.


1 comment:

3guysandagirl said...

You are too much. Yes, I never thought I'd actually look forward to the kids watching Barney or the Wiggles. We only have the holiday ones, cause, while I'm in the holiday mood they can watch whatever they want :) Last House on the Left is a *horror* film I bought off of direct TV. Not really scary at all. You know, the usual, family vacationing with a grossly annoying skinny teenage daughter that gets kidnapped by outlaws, etc...that's what it was about. I won't tell you too much, but if you like *horror* flicks, you'll enjoy.