Monday, August 31, 2009

Bad News...

Sweet Olivia had her Follow Up Dentist Appointment this morning at 8:45. We were hoping for good news, that everything was healing up nicely from her fall at the pool about a month ago, but I had a bad feeling about it, I could see the front two teeth were turning a lovely shade of gray, and I knew that was bad news. What I didn't know until the dentist told me is that one of them is very loose and that too is a bad sign. So the outcome is...two root canals for Olivia, which means "surgery"at the hospital. I immediately broke into tears, she of course was already screaming because we had to hold her down to let Dr. W take a look in her mouth. I should add, that we were scheduled for a normal first timer appointment today so the hygienist tried her best, but Olivia wouldn't even open her mouth...so after bribing her with money for her piggy bank (just coins, we didn't have to bring out the big guns), she gave him and let Brad brush her teeth for a few seconds...

Surgery is scheduled for Sept 25th, so between now and then please send your prayers our way that it doesn't become infected, that is the risk in waiting, but Dr. W wanted to wait until we were home from the Beach because he didn't want her being so far away if something happened post-op. She will go to her Ped, Dr. S for a Pre-Op physical the day before...

Of course now I am a bit nervous about my trip to Manila, since I leave on Sept 30th...

Silver Lining, my Mom & Dad will be here to help out, just last night when Olivia cracked her noggin on the cabinet she started yelling for YaYa between sobs, so I am pretty sure she will be trilled to see my Mom.

Tomorrow Avery goes for her 6 month check up, fingers crossed we don't end up with a referral to a Pediatric Cardiologist...but the cards appear stacked against us these days when it comes to Doctors and Medicine. At least she is taking her Antibiotic this time around, too bad we haven't seen a big improvement, and we are on Day 3.

1 comment:

oneof4dms said...

Geez, that is not good news at all. I don't blame her for not wanting to open her mouth! we'll keep our fingers crossed that everything else goes well between now and then!