Sunday, October 3, 2010

Recipe Review: Quesadilla Casserole

I have been dying to try one of those McCormick Recipe Inspirations, the first one I tried was Quesadilla Casserole...and on deck is Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas, more on that one later this week when I give it a try.


Insley and Juliette joined us for dinner, along with the Harris Family and while it wasn't awful or even bad, I likely won't be making it again. However, with that said. I think it has some potential, it just needs to taste more like Taco Meat and less like Mexican Shepherds Pie.  I might try and recreate it again and make a few tweaks. First being, add some Taco Seasoning and Second, reduce the Tomato Sauce and Corn ingredients.

Step One: Brown the Beef and Saute with 1/2 cup chopped onion

Combine all these gems...with the beef & onion mixture

Kinda looks like Taco Soup...but doesn't taste like it at all (bummer)

This is what it looked like before going into the oven


See...its almost like a Mexican Lasagna

No comments: