Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sick Little Monsters

The girls are both sick, and I mean puking sick. Avery's sickness started on Thursday, she threw up on Brad and hasn't been the same since, she isn't eating and her diapers are a mess, and not to mention she is Queen Fussy Pants. I think the only word I have consistently heard come out of her mouth is NO, and very loudly.  She doesn't know what she wants, she wants you to pick her up, but she doesn't want you to sit down, she wants you to cuddle her, but not with a blanket over your legs, she is just a little sick monster...and then onto Olivia. Last night she woke up around 11pm and said she had to go potty, which isn't normal for her, she usually just goes in her pull-up, so when I helped her back into bed, she asked to sleep with me, I told her she needed to sleep in her bed, but that I would check on her...turns out the little bugger had a plan to get what she wanted.  She decided that if she threw up more than humanly possible I would be forced to sleep with her...so the throwing up started at 11:18pm, and oh boy, it was bad. I set up camp on her floor, got some pillows out and a blanket or two and her and I snuggled on the floor for the rest of the night. She threw up every 30-45 minutes until 6:30am, and she has been puke free since then, thank the Lord.

We did however take the girls to see Miss L this morning at Chippenham Peds, we adore her by the way. Turns out its just a bug and there isn't anything we can give Avery other than Flourostor, which I need to get at CVS this afternoon. I just can't seem to muster the energy to go to the store, I am exhausted from a night of holding Olivia's hair back, cuddling her as she moaned, but ya know what, that is what being a Mom is all about and there isn't any one's hair I would rather hold...she is precious, even when she is sick.

Avery woke up from her Afternoon nap far too early so she is outside with Brad as he gets everything down from the garage loft for our Yard Sale this weekend, I am so stinkin excited. I can't wait to clean everything out.

1 comment:

The B's said...

That is the worst! I sure hope that they get better fast- and that you stay healthy. Hang in there!