Thursday, October 14, 2010

Manila...

I am back in Manila and this trip is going to be a long one.We arrived here on Thursday Night local time and will be here until Thursday Morning local time. Much longer than the 2 day trip in July, and I hate it. I hate being away from the girls and Brad for so long, however I can tell you, that its good for me. Within a few hours of being on the plane I start to put things into perspective and I always get into long thought conversations with myself about how fortunate I am and how blessed I really am to have them in my life.

We just had lunch with one of our vendors at a Japanese Steakhouse, lets just say I ate some rice...and that was about it. Woof. I am thinking about getting some sun this morning, its 3:22am right now, so I will likely take a little nap and then head down to the pool around 8 or so, for a swim and hopefully some sun, but it will all depend on the rain, and its the rainy season right now, so who knows what the weather will be like.


The flight was great, from Atlanta to Narita we were on a 777, so we had individual Business Class Pods, which helps with the comfort level on a 14 hour flight. I dined on Crab Cakes for dinner and then had scrambled eggs on an English muffin for breakfast. I watched a total of 5 movies:

Knight and Day - Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise - great, highly recommend it.
Just Wright - with Queen Latifah and Common, loved it, but I love cheesy basketball movies
Back Up Plan - with Jennifer Lopez, cute, but glad I didn't spend any money to see it, but it entertained me.
Our Family Wedding - America Ferrera and Forest Whitaker, so-so, again, glad I didn't spend money or valuable time watching it, but it did entertain me.
She Got Moves - its a movie about step dancing, so I loved it, but very cheesy...and glad I didn't try and make Brad watch it, Megs is likely my only friend, outside of potentially Brian Harris that would have liked watching it with me.

I am already looking forward to a few more cheesy movies on the way home. I slept from Narita to Manila to try and catch up on some sleep.

Random - I am having more issues with my right eye lid, its always dry and gets red and itchy sometimes, I put Aquafor on it, but I can't figure out what triggers it. I would think if it was make up, it would equally impact my left lip, but it doesn't, its isolated to my right. Very strange huh? Any ideas? And so I am boycotting eye shadow and I feel like I look like complete freak without it, but that way I can keep it lubed up with Aquafor in the hopes it goes away, its annoying and ugly.

The girls and Brad are at his parents house through the weekend. I know the girls love their time with Bina and PawPaw, they were very excited about their trip. Avery is still PawPaw's little girl, she follows him around everywhere and Olivia just loves Bina's house...I am so thankful they have this time with their grandparents. They are two lucky girls. And I also love that Brad's parents are there to help him, he works hard during the day, its tough to be with the girls straight for a week along, so I am so thankful they are there to help him out.

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

I think you are right about Brian...he might watch that movie with you! You know he loves the stepping movies!